Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 1 Corinthians 9:25
The Ridge will be hosting a series of classes designed to train our adult members in being disciples of Jesus Christ. We will provide seven separate tracks (pdf):
- The Membership Matters track consists of six required classes for membership.
- The Basics track grounds us in the basic disciplines of the Christian life.
- The Bible Overview track seeks to improve our understanding of scripture.
- The History & Theology track exposes us to the history and doctrine of the church.
- The Christian Roles track applies God’s wisdom to our various relationships.
- The Christian Discipleship track lays out insight for how we can grow as Christians.
- The Engaging the World track trains us how to engage the world with the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University
- Re|Engage marriage enrichment
- Parenting - Shepherding a Child's Heart Overview
Click here to register for one of the following classes THAT will be offered beginning SATURDAY EVENING AT 5:00pm
Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University “FPU” – This nine week course helps us put a plan together for our money. It teaches God's ways of handling money. Through video teaching, class discussions and interactive small group activities, FPU presents biblical, practical steps to get from where you are to where you've dreamed you could be. This plan will show you how to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely, and much more!
Re|Engage – This eleven week course is a marriage enrichment program. Marriages in any condition can benefit, whether you are struggling to get along, your marriage is broken, or you simply want to grow closer together as a couple. Re|Engage examines God’s design for marriage and applies principles from the Bible to guide couples towards growth in their relationship with each other. You can expect: 1) To receive encouragement by hearing stories from other couples that have experienced victory in the midst of hard times and 2) To be placed in a small group with a facilitator couple and other couples to work through a 16-lesson curriculum
Griefshare – This thirteen week experience includes three key elements that work together to help you recover from the deep hurt of loss: 1) video seminar: helpful information on grief related topics, 2) group discussion: facilitated small group discussion time and 3) personal workbook: individual study and application of concepts.
Parenting – This six week course will provide an overview of Tedd Tripp’s Shepherding a Child's Heart – 1995. Written for parents with children of any age, this insightful book provides perspectives and procedures for shepherding your child's heart into the paths of life. Shepherding a Child's Heart gives fresh biblical approaches to child rearing.
If you would like more information about any of these classes, or if you have questions, please contact the church office at (972) 492-4603 or email us at email@example.com.