Hello Ridge Family,
It seems every hour things are changing in relation to the response and effects of the coronavirus. In Ecclesiastes 3.1, we are told that “there is an appointed time for everything. There is a time for every event under heaven.” This is a season that God has appointed for us to go through. Jesus is sovereign over all of this.
Updates and Communication
We’re so thankful to the Lord for His continued goodness to us through the season we are in (Psalm 136.1). I am so grateful to our staff and elders for leading us and serving so faithfully through this time. I am also thankful for each of you. You have big hearts, as you have served and cared for each other and others in our community. These have been days unlike any other that we have seen in our lifetime, yet God has continued to work in and through you. God is so good.
This week, Governor Abbott announced a plan to reopen some of the businesses of Texas which includes churches. This no doubt brings up some questions, “How does this announcement affect The Ridge?” And, “When will we go back to resuming in person worship gatherings?” To clear up any questions let me answer by saying, “not yet.”
As staff and elders, we have been praying about and discussing the recommendations on regathering that came out from our state and local leaders. We believe that even though it is something that we can do, it is not something we should just quite yet (1 Corinthians 6.12). This decision comes out of love and care for you and our community and out of respect for our leaders. It also comes not from any pressure, but a desire to be wise and prudent and not out of fear, but by faith.
I know some of us are ready to get back to meeting in person and that day will come, but we do not feel the need to rush back just quite yet, but hopefully soon. So, we will continue to meet online for our Sunday worship gatherings, LIFEgroup gatherings and all other ministry gatherings through the month of May. During this time our team is working on plans to make sure that when the time is ready for us to regather in person that we are fully ready to do so.
I will continue to keep you posted throughout this month, but please have patience and pray for our team that we would move forward in wisdom. Be sure to continue to check out our Covid-19 Update page on our website and we look forward to seeing you online this Sunday.
Love each one of you and can’t wait to be together soon!
We will have the sermon posted at 10AM to our YouTube page on Sunday morning.
- The sermon (only) will be available on the Sermons webpage as usual.
Monitoring & Illness Prevention
The Ridge elders and staff are monitoring the Coronavirus situation and will seek to follow the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and local government officals as they address this changing situation.
Practice steps to prevent illness, including frequent hand-washing, minimizing close contact (especially as you greet each other), and staying at home if you’re experiencing sickness (and seeking out medical care). For those at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19, which includes older adults, those with chronic medical conditions, or those with weakened immune systems, please take necessary precautions.
- Website: Go to the Giving page.
- Text: To participate, text “Ridge and your gift amount" to 73256. For example, a text of “Ridge$100” would send a donation of $100 to our general fund.
- Mail: You are welcome to mail checks to The Ridge Church, 4561 N Josey Ln, Carrollton TX 75010.
- Your Bank: Setup The Ridge Church with the above address as one of your bank's online payees.
- Children's Online Experience - Erica is so excited to provide your kids an experience, they can use to continue to learn & grow deeper in The Lord. This week we are talking about God's Love. The Bible Story will be The Parable of The Prodigal Son. Click here to join in the fun
- Student's Online Experience - Vince is excited to announce that we are continuing to have FUEL & ARISE through our online experience! We want to create an opportunity for you to continue to grow in your faith with us by joining us on: YouTube Facebook Instagram
- Events: All activities and gatherings that take place at the church are postponed/suspended until further notice.
- LIFEgroups: The Ridge is exercising precautions and are postponing LIFEgroup meetings. We are encouraging leaders to have their groups reach out to one another during this time. If you have questions, contact David Bird.
- Check in via phone/text with older congregants and those who have compromised immune systems.
- Inquire with those in your small groups who may get laid off or become unemployed because of shutdowns. Keep in mind the availability of the Family Fund, and encourage organic and mutual support of those in need.
- The Care Team exists to provide Christian Care for an immediate need or crisis by providing temporary meals to Ridge Church members who are celebrating the birth of a child, recovering from illness or surgery, grieving the loss of a loved one, or to assist those who have financial burdens. If you can help or know someone needing help then click here
- Submit prayer requests by clicking here and if you would like to join our prayer team, click here
- Thank you for visiting our online gathering. We do ask a favor of you, please take a moment and fill out a welcome card. We would like to drop you a note with a little more information about The Ridge.